Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Made it!

I am linking up with Tara over at Fourth Grade Frolics for this fun linky!



Hello Teacher Toolbox!
So excited about this. Head over to Fun in Room 4B to get the free template!  So easy to make. First, I sprayed painted the ugly gray plastic with bright pink! Then all I did was tweak the labels to fit my needs and printed them out on my cute Chevron paper! And done!
 

The next thing I finished up is something my teammate and I put together last spring for our computer lab! It was so boring before we jazzed it up! My favorite part of it is the GIANT KEYBOARD! AHH!
 I found this great idea for a giant keyboard here.
Here is our finished project! The kids LOVE it! (Almost too much, we had to tell them not to actually punch the keys!)

Here is what we did:
First, we got some take out containers and cut them in half. (Thanks to my brother and our neighborhood restaurant for the donation!) We used about 74 halves. So maybe ask for them to donate about 40 boxes.

Next, we needed to make our letters and numbers. This proved to be the most time-consuming part of the whole thing! So I decided I would put them together in one document for you! Click here to get it from my store! I have a colored version and black and white version. We do not have access to a color printer we used regular construction paper and cut it so it would fit in our copier!

After we printed them out, we cut and laminated them all. See below.

Now we were ready to put it together. We started from with the second row from the bottom because we did not have to cut any of the boxes! After putting up some butcher paper behind, we stapled the "keys" to the wall first. For some boxes we used 1.5 boxes or 2.

 
Then it was time for the fun part! We got some extra sticky glue from our art teacher and began sticking them up! I had to use tape on the corners to keep the paper on until it dried. **Hint. I would suggest laminating the keys that have several pages together, like the space bar, so it is easier to glue to the boxes. (You will see I have a few I need to fix!)
How cute is this!?

SOO I decided to put all of this work into one document for sale on my TPT store! It will be so easy for you to print out and put up! It even has directions!
 



 
 I also got started picking out Math Vocabulary for this great word wall! Thanks Run! Ms. Nelson's Got the Camera! See my word wall post here.



AND I saved the best for last!
The last thing I have figured out how to do is throw a Sale at my TPT store! Since its my last few days before I head back to work I figured this is a good way to end my summer! Check out my store for all my fun creations at 15% off! My new Giant Keyboard Project is on sale too!

Thanks for stopping by!




15 comments:

  1. The giant keyboard is amazing!! A couple years ago I was the computer lab teacher and I remember seeing this and thought it would have been great to do but I never did. Thanks for sharing!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. The giant keyboard looks awesome. Great job!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat focus wall! Very cool, thanks for sharing!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your giant keyboard! It's very visual and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that keyboard! Very colorful and definitely will benefit all the kids! Great idea!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your keyboard ROCKS! Love it. Thanks for the shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you're welcome! Thanks for the great word wall idea!

      Delete