Monday, August 19, 2013

First Days of School Whirlwind!

Wow! I can't believe these first 3 days of school. It has been crazy and exhausting trying to get back in the swing of things! It was so exciting to see all of my kids from last year walk through my door again. They are all SO tall, I feel short! Guess that's what happens when you teach 5th grade.

Here are some fun things we have done the last couple days of school.
 I saw this great GROUPS acronym to use in my classroom. I had my kids get in groups, OF COURSE, to create their own. I love how they turned out! Now, if we have any issues we can just look up at the board!
 Next, we worked on our Classroom Constitution. I pinned this cute idea that goes along with the book We the Kids by David Catrow . If you haven't read this it is great for social studies!
 My class loves to do art projects. So again, gotta love Pinterest. We each created our own hands and decorated them. Now we have a great, unique class wreath by our door!
I'm proud to say after 3 days my desk still looks like this! YES! It probably won't last much longer after I start getting papers to grade!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Love the groups idea. My 5th graders walked in today and were super tall too. I only have 3 new ones this year and can already tell it's going to be a great year. I can't wait to see other ideas and activities you will use in your room!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so excited you are in the same situation as me! I only have 2 new kiddos this year. It's much easier getting started with them. Does you school loop every year or did you move up a grade? Looking forward to following you as well!

    ReplyDelete